Arrangements for Inbound Persons
Points to Note Before Arrival at Hong Kong
- Before departing to Hong Kong, please pay attention to the relevant inbound control arrangements.
- They may also voluntarily declare the test result via the Department of Health’s electronic health declaration form (www.chp.gov.hk/hdf/) prior to their arrival at Hong Kong. For arrival via Hong Kong International Airport, the health declaration is valid for 96 hours; for arrival via land control points, the health declaration is valid for 24 hours.
Inbound Control Measures
- All inbound persons must pass temperature checks upon arrival. Those found with symptoms will be referred to the Department of Health for further handling.
- No further restrictions upon arrival.
- The Government recommends all inbound persons to conduct daily RATs using self-arranged rapid antigen test (RAT) kits during the period between the day of arrival (i.e. Day 0) and Day 5 after arrival at Hong Kong. 💡 May voluntarily report their RAT results and health status via the Electronic COVID-19 Monitoring & Surveillance System (eCMSS) The day of a person's arrival at Hong Kong is counted with the day of arrival at Hong Kong as Day 0. For example, for a person who arrives at Hong Kong on 1 December 2022, the “ 5th day/Day 5” would be 6 December 2022.
- For other most updated information, please also refer to daily press releases.
Persons arriving from Taiwan or overseas places
|Persons applicable:||Inbound persons arriving from Taiwan or places outside China|
The day of a person's arrival at Hong Kong is counted with the day of arrival at Hong Kong as Day 0. For example, for a person who arrives at Hong Kong on 1 December 2022, the “5th day/Day 5” would be 6 December 2022.
Handling Arrangements for Persons Tested Positive After Arrival at Hong Kong
- For persons tested positive after arrival at Hong Kong, please refer to the webpage on Points to Note for Persons who Tested Positive.
Other Points to Note
The above pre-departure requirements are not applicable to a person who, while in Hong Kong after the person’s arrival, does not pass through immigration control.
If a person coming to Hong Kong fails to comply with a requirement to provide information, or knowingly or recklessly provides any information that is false or misleading in a material particular, he or she is liable on conviction to the maximum penalty of a fine at level 3 ($10,000) and imprisonment for six months.
Centre for Health Protection Hotline : 183 0111 (9 am to 8 pm)
Regarding foreign domestic helpers coming to work in Hong Kong, please refer to this webpage.
Please refer to this webpage.
|Fact Sheet for Coronavirus Disease 2019|
|Health Advice on Prevention of Pneumonia and Respiratory Tract Infection|
|Use Mask Properly|
|Keep Clean Be Healthy|
|COVID-19 Vaccination Programme|