Considering the balance between infection risks and resumption of economic and livelihood impetus, the Government decided to cancel the arrangement of issuing isolation orders to infected persons according to the Prevention and Control of Disease Regulation (Cap. 599A) from January 30. For details, please refer to press release.
The evaluation criteria for COVID-19 nucleic acid test results will be adjusted with effect from 16 January 2023. Test results issued from that day with a Ct value of 35 or above would be regarded as negative for purposes other than clinical management. The Centre for Health Protection of the Department of Health would not regard persons with results of nucleic acid tests at a Ct value of 35 or above as confirmed cases starting from 0.00am on the same day. For details, please refer to press release.
The Government announced on 28 December 2022 that local anti-epidemic measures will be further adjusted starting from 29 December 2022, including removing definition of close contacts and ceasing issuance of quarantine orders. For details, please refer to press release.
Points to Note for Persons who Tested Positive
- Please also refer to Hospital Authority webpage.
- The hotline 1836 115 answers enquiries on medical information and provide infection control advice for people upon confirmed infection
- Provision of Medical Services by Private Hospitals for Persons Tested Positive For COVID-19
- Paediatric COVID-19 Infection in the Fifth Wave of the Pandemic (Including Information Pack on Caring Children with COVID-19)
- Private Doctors registered with eHRSS who have got hold of COVID-19 Antivirals for Managing COVID-19 Cases
Rapid Antigen Test (Click here to the thematic webpage)
Past press releases or information:
- Government reminds public of cancellation of issuing isolation orders from January 30 onwards
- Government cancels arrangement of issuing isolation orders
- Government adjusts isolation, quarantine and testing arrangements
- "Declaration System for Individuals Tested Positive for COVID-19 Using Rapid Antigen Test" launched
- Government conducts random nucleic acid tests on RAT positive cases declared starting 8 March
- Government calls on citizens to truthfully declare positive RAT result as soon as possible
- Quarantine and Isolation Arrangement Involving Children
- news.gov.hk - Serving Confinees Heart and Soul
- COVID-19 Electronic Vaccination and Testing Record System
For some recovered persons, viral genome fragments in the body may present in nucleic acid tests. As such, for confirmed cases who have recovered and finished isolation, they do not need to take other nucleic acid tests within three months from the specimen collection date of positive test result, unless they are instructed by a healthcare professional or the Government to undergo testing.
Moreover, recovered persons should refer to “Factsheet on COVID-19 Vaccination for Persons with Prior COVID-19 Infection”.
Useful Links and Resources
- Factsheet on COVID-19 Vaccination For Persons with Prior COVID-19 Infection
- Centre for Health Protection
- Local Situation Dashboard (Desktop version)
- "Shall We Talk" thematic website - COVID-19 and Mental Health
Health Education Materials
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
- Hand Hygiene: An easy and effective way to prevent infection
- Use mask properly · Protect ourselves and protect others
- Links to Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) (Including Other Language Versions)
- Don't spread germs to those around you: Cover your cough
- Don't spread germs: After using toilet, put the toilet lid down before flushing
- Wear a Surgical Mask Properly
- Proper Removal and Safe Disposal of a Surgical Mask
- Know more about Surgical Mask
- Maintain drainage pipes properly and add water to the U-traps regularly