Exemption from Compulsory Quarantine Arrangement for inbound travellers from Foreign Places
|Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for detailed information regarding the testing and isolation arrangement for exempted persons arriving Hong Kong at Hong Kong International Airport and land boundary control points.|
(Updated as at 31 December 2021)
Under section 4(1) of the Compulsory Quarantine of Persons Arriving at Hong Kong from Foreign Places Regulation (Cap. 599E) (the Regulation), made under the Prevention and Control of Disease Ordinance (Cap. 599), the Chief Secretary for Administration may designate any person or category of persons fulfilling certain criteria for exemption that –
- the person’s or persons’ entry into Hong Kong –
- is necessary for the supply of goods or services required for the normal operation of Hong Kong or the daily needs of the people of Hong Kong;
- is necessary for governmental operation;
- is necessary for the protection of the safety or health of the people of Hong Kong or the handling of the public health emergency within the meaning of section 8(5) of the Ordinance concerning the specified disease; or
- because of the exceptional circumstances of the case, otherwise serves the public interest of Hong Kong; or
- the person’s or persons’ travelling is necessary for purposes relating to manufacturing operations, business activities or the provision of professional services in the interest of Hong Kong’s economic development.
In accordance with section 4(1) of the Regulation, the Chief Secretary for Administration has exempted the following categories of persons from the compulsory quarantine requirement. For the latest arrangement of respective exemption categories, please approach the supporting policy bureau or departments direct for details.
|No.||Category of persons||Enquiry||Application form|
|1||Crew members of aircraft who need to commute to and from foreign places for performance of necessary duties||
Transport and Logistics Bureau
Phone: 3509 7199
|2||Crew members of (i) goods vessels with cargo operation and (ii) goods vessels without cargo operation which arrive in Hong Kong purely for shipping services (excluding ship repair)||Not applicable|
|3||Government officials carrying out governmental duties||Not applicable||Not applicable|
For general enquiries on the exemption arrangement, please contact Health Bureau (email@example.com).